thinks - retired
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
  A brief message from our sponsors...in China
By the way, most of this stuff is written using w.bloggar, a program out of Brazil, written by a guy named Marcelo Cabral. It's a wonderful tool, and turns my blogging provider into the best content management system I've ever used. Seriously. People like Interwoven and VIgnette could learn a thing or two about inline editing from this thing. So, anyway, now I'm using a blogging tool from Brazil, and a text editor from South Korea (the excellent EditPlus) to keep my site up-to-date. The EU forced Microsoft to change Windows. If you buy an IBM laptop next year, it will be from China. Is it just me, or is the U.S. fading a bit in the technology cosmos? I don't want to sound too provincial here. It's not necessarily a bad thing. All those unemployed programmers may get their jobs back in a few years when China, Brazil, and India start outsourcing to the U.S. for cheaper labor.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
What I think about technology, society, and culture, and what happens when those things intersect.

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 /


Powered by Blogger