thinks - retired
Monday, December 27, 2004
  More on the Mac situation
OK, I've caved. After spending the better part of the last two days really getting to know my PowerBook, I broke down, went to dell.com and ordered an Inspiron 9200. It's also got a 17" screen, 1GB of memory, DVD-R (all flavors), an 80GB hard drive. It's also about $600 less money and it will run all of my existing softward and I don't have to learn how to do everything I know how to do all over again. Oh, and they throw in a printer for free.

To be fair, the Mac is an awesome machine. It made me excited about a new computer for the first time in a really, really long time. I think I drove my wife near to nuts going on about how unbelievably cool the DVD burner is (it really, really is). Still, convention seems to have won out for now. Time will tell.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
What I think about technology, society, and culture, and what happens when those things intersect.

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 /


Powered by Blogger