thinks - retired
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
  Yeah, but Bill Gates has a lot more money...
Another CNET reference. This one says that security research suggests Linux has fewer flaws
They say that "four years of research by a code-analysis firm finds that the latest open-source OS beats commercial software for quality." What in the world took them four years?!? I've got a Linux installation running on a (poorly) home-built AMD that requires fewer reboots and less TLC than my P4 laptop running XP (which, I admit, is where I churn out these things I thinks every day or so). What Linux needs to be viable as a desktop is to be easy enough for my sister to use. My folks can't use XP either, so I can't use that as a baseline.


 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
What I think about technology, society, and culture, and what happens when those things intersect.

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 /


Powered by Blogger