thinks - retired
Monday, October 17, 2005
  Does this mean I should've gotten a Treo?
Damn. I've been using technology long enough to know that every time you make a commitment to one product, something cool happens on another front that makes you reconsider. Clearly, this is another of those cases. I just recently got rid of my ancient (in cell phone years) Motorola V60i and replaced it with a BlackBerry 7100g. I dig the phone, it's really cool. Then this happens. I looked hard at the Treo, like it, and opted not to get it because our corporate mail server doesn't support it. Now, Palm and RIM are making nice-nice, and it looks like you'll be able to get a Treo running BlackBerry's email system. There just isn't any justice in this world.

Anyway, how much do you think that the new Windows Mobile-powered Treo got the folks over at Research in Motion, um, in motion? It looks like the handset is shaping up to be the next desktop and the kids in Redmond want to play in that space, too. Do you think Ma Bell ever saw this one coming?
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
What I think about technology, society, and culture, and what happens when those things intersect.

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 /


Powered by Blogger